Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Show us your sausage!
















Hey!  What is this picture?  This is a family blog!  What do you do when you have a friend named Steph who bought a Groupon for fresh sausage and then ended up with so much sausage that she couldn't even keep it all in her own freezer?  If you're us, you throw a party called Sausage Fest 2011.  And if you're me, the first picture you take at Sausage Fest is this:



















And if you're Matt, right now you're like, "Is that my area posted on the Internet?" which, yes-it is.  Alas it was not that kind of Sausage Fest, you guys.  Even though I really wanted it to be.  It was a cookout filled with sausage (zing!). And me making inappropriate sausage jokes.  We made friends with a 24 year old who lied to us and told us we were fun and young.  And Chicken Noodle taught Paul and Jen's 2 year old son how to throw a plastic lawn chair into a pool.  Also...we ate bear sausage. 














That...is insanely bright red.  Like I mean that appears to have come directly out of the bear and then placed on the grill.  I spent most of the time staring at it in horror.  That is, when I wasn't taking pictures like this and giggling:





















I am 13. 

P.S.  That is my brother in law, Drew, holding that sausage while wearing a wifebeater tank and an apron.

6 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

How was the bear sausage? I've heard once you go bear, you never go back.

Fizzgig said...

you ate a bear? holey cripes you mustve been hungry.

If you have the other kind of sausage fest, call me, k?

Anonymous said...

OMG that last picture had me giggling too!

Anonymous said...

NEED KRUSTYS POST

The Ramblings of a Thirtysomething Wife said...

Are you posting anymore? I miss your funny stories, charming wit and hilarious antics!

Melissa said...

Please start posting again, I really enjoy this blog and the funny stories! I keep checking every few days and nothing...