Friday, January 22, 2010

Lying Awake

Things to do when you have insomnia:

- Kakuro

- Depress yourself by reading about Haiti and daydream about having enough money to donate to them every single day.

- Watch "Romy and Michele's High School Reunion". Seriously remember this movie? My general thoughts on it are as follows: WTF? Lisa Kudrow is gorgeous in it, though.

- Send bitter thoughts out in to the universe because you're so damn tired, and you have so much to do tomorrow.

- Listen to your ipod. Try to remember when you put The Commodores on there. Immediately realize it was an awesome decision.

- Download ring tones

- Eat pickles

- Read a Better Homes and Garden from November

- Admit to the Internet that you have a subscription for Better Homes and Garden. For over 3 years.

- Finally respond to getting tagged by the wonderful Abigail forever ago:

Ten* Things I Should Like but Don’t (*and by ten I mean four):

1. Mylie Cyrus - I obviously love everything preteen. I mean this we know. But for some reason, Mylie just bothers the shit out of me. I freely admit "Party in the USA" is a catchy song. But Christ that girl annoys me. I don't know if it's her man voice, the fact that she's literally in my face every second of every day, that she sings like she has a cold or what, but I just can't stand her. Is something wrong with me?

2. Chicken pot pie - Chicken, carrots, peas, etc. All good, right? But put it in pie form, and I will throw it directly in your face. Well, not YOUR face. But you know, that guy's face. When I was a little kid, I watched my mom making chicken pot pie for dinner. The entire time, I begged her to make me something else. I mean every 5 minutes I was telling her that me eating that would result in disastrous consequences. It was like talking to a wall. Finally she served the meal. I looked at her with desperation and warning in my eyes, and I said in the most serious voice I could muster, "Mom, if you make me eat this, I will throw up." Her response was a motherly, "Eat your dinner, Sarah." So I did as I was told. Five minutes into the meal, I calmly got up, walked over to the sink and threw up. I never had to eat chicken pot pie again.

3. Pineapple Express - I should totally love this movie. I love the people in it. It looks like it should be hilarious. I rented it. And turned it off halfway through. A couple months later, I watched the second half. I literally didn't laugh once. Not once! It actually made me nervous that my sense of humor was broken. But then I watched Flight of the Conchords and literally howled with laughter so I don't think that's it. Someone please explain this to me.

4. Justin Timberlake - Whoa, whoa, whoa-easy, ladies. And my friend Paul. Let me explain. I like Justin Timberlake. He's talented in so many ways. I think he's a great entertainer. But he is not cute. I couldn't find him less attractive. I added him to this list of things I should like because I think I might be the only person on Earth who feels this way about him so I'm just assuming something is wrong with me.

Ugh. Somebody knock me out please.

8 comments:

thb said...

i hate pot pies! just the sound of it makes me want to vomit. i have NO IDEA why! i've never liked them. i also hate cooked carrots. the pineapple express thing: when Austin Powers came out- everyone said how funny it was. i watched it and didn't laugh ONCE! then i watched it again sometime later and thought it was hilarious. (don't really find it funny anymore-overplayed) but i do get what your saying.

TOWR said...

I still love "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion!" The first time I saw it I thought the dance scene to "Time After Time" was going to be another dream sequence. I laughed hysterically when it wasn't.

Erin Jeannine said...

I love Miley Cyrus, so I can't help you with that. I do not, however, like my food to touch, so chicken pot pie is like my worst nightmare. I actually own a separated plate. Like from camp. I also do not want to see JT naked. I think he's talented, and based on various SNL skits, I think he's hilarious. I totally want to be friends and hang out with him, but I do not want to have sexy time with him. AT. ALL. So that makes at least two of us.

Fizzgig said...

i didnt like pineapple express either.whateves.

however, i also didnt like napoleon dynamite, and when i watched it a second time w/girlfriends, realized it was my lame-o ex bf sucking my will to laugh that did it.

chicken pot pie? its so delicious if your mom MADE It. we had to get nasty tv dinner chicken pot pie, remember...the kind that tasted like foil? ugh!

Johnny Virgil said...

I think your problem is that your mom left the pot out of the chicken pot pie, so basically what you had was chicken pie, which sucks.

Also, I kind of liked pineapple express. I think you have to have a few drinks in you though. Don't feel bad. I feel the same way about everything will ferrell has ever done, except for Stranger than Fiction.

Jenn said...

I've heard so many people say that about Pinapple Express. I, on the other hand, laughed without end when I saw it in the theaters. I fear it shows my sense of humor is that of a 5 year old..lol. In anycase, really like your blog! Check mine out if you get a min. Life out Loud
Thanks!
Jenn

LoveFromMN said...

You are my hero for taking your distaste for pot pies to the next level. I too felt that stomach churn when I saw a pot pie coming my way but ate it because I knew I would get nothing else. God I hate those pockets of evil. Why do previous generations find them so delicious?

SkyMommy said...

Ok, I read this post before and somehow didn't realize it had a response to my tag. Perhaps I was reading it while I had insomnia or something... I'm dumb. Anyway, first of all thanks for responding!
Second, I'm totally with you on the whole Justin Timberlake thing. It's good to know I'm not the only female on the planet who feels this way. I also can't stand Miley Cyrus... Which makes me hate myself just a little bit when I can't help but rock out when Party in the USA comes on the radio.
Sorry I missed this when it originally posted. *smile*