Thursday, February 03, 2011

This is my version of Access Hollywood only without any interviews or facts or anything of interest to anyone

We can talk Hollywood, right?  I'm pretty sure nothing important is going on anywhere else in the rest of the world.  There is certainly no history making, attention demanding, political uprising happening anywhere.  That's for sure.  I think we're clear to proceed with talking about the things that really matter.

1.  I like James Franco, okay?  I do.  But I just...I need like a breather away from him.  He is seriously constantly in my face.  A lot of women think he is uber hot.  I am not one of them.  I think he's cute in that "weird dude who sits in the back of my Religion 101 class and sleeps-I mean I guess he's kinda cute I just wish he wasn't high all the time" way.  I do like him, though (hello, General Hospital appearance!?).  I just need like 5 minutes.  Five minutes Franco free.

2.  New shows: 

- Off the Map.  This is Grey's in the jungle.  I'm not in love with it, but I like the jungle medicine.  And it has my beloved Matt Saracen so I will watch it until it is off the air or my eyeballs no longer work.  Speaking of Matt Saracen, sweetest most wonderful character on television, why aren't you watching Friday Night Lights again?  Let's get going here.  The final season starts April 15th on NBC so you have time to catch up before then. 

- Perfect Couples.  I watched this one because it was after Community.  It was not awesome but kind of charming.  However, I thought tonight's episode was hilarious.  I like the cast (Olivia Munn is blah-but she's harmless and cute so I'm okay with it).  Plus hilarious phone commercial guy is in it and some hot guy with permanent party voice.  (Is this helping you learn the actors' names?)  And, okay, has anyone seen the movie "Fired Up"?  It's so stupid, but I love that movie.  There's a guy in it-he plays a dickhead boyfriend-and he's so funny I literally cannot deal with it.  At one point he and his friends are driving in his convertible singing "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba at the top of their lungs, and he's like, "Awesome song! Chumbawumba. It's the soundtrack of my life man!"  Dammit that's funny.  And his last scene of the movie had me giggling so uncontrollably, I had to pause the movie (yeah I actually rented it).  Anyway, that guy is on this show.  He plays Vance for those who watch it.  I don't know why, but I am seriously into this guy and his delivery.  Give him to me.

3.  Anyone watch Medium?  Did you see the series finale?  WORST. SERIES. FINALE. EVER.  Amiright?  I am so right!  Diane, Drew and I are pretending it never happened.  Seriously, Medium watchers, I want to hear from you.  What did you think of the HORRIBLENESS (real word)?

Sidenote:  You guys, I just had to pause this blog post because my nose was bleeding.  That is hot.

4.  "The Roommate" is this generation's "Single White Female", right?

5.  That movie "Hall Pass" totally stole Steph's pickup line ("Do you know how much a polar bear weighs?  Enough to break the ice.  Hi. I'm Steph.")  Note:  I have seen this work.
6.  I just saw a preview for something called "I Am Number Four".  a) What the hell is that?  b) Who the hell is this?















Seriously.  This guy is good.  He's good stuff.  Well done, genetics.  His name is like Alex BritishNameHotGuy, and I'm pretty sure he's about 15.  Is everyone in the movies now 10-15 years younger than me?  That's what it feels like.  Excuse me while I go watch "Cocoon".  What's sad is, that's barely a joke.  I effing love Cocoon.  Guttenberg?  Brimley?  Yes please.

6.  Not Hollywood related, but I'm all about breaking the rules.  Last night I had dreams within my dreams.  Lots of them.  It was seriously my own version of  "Inception".  In one of them, I had a pet dragon (obviously) who I named Falkor.  I like how in my dreams, I'm still referencing pop culture (you guys know).  Anyway, Johnny Virgil read that on Twitter and then this happened over instant messaging:

From Johnny Virgil:











From Okay Seriously:





















Work is fun sometimes.

8 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

I couldn't use that thing. It's not a dragon. It's a puppy eel.

Unknown said...

I'm totally with you on the Franco Free Five Minutes. I like him like I liked Troy Dyer, but c'mon!

Perfect Couples is seriously growing on me, too. Vance totally tickles my funny bone, and the Not-Blond-or-Olivia-Munn-lady CRACKS ME UP. I don't know why.

Are you still watching Grey's at all?

Unknown said...

PS: After having met Steph, I totally see that pick-up line working with her. She's got amazing Game, no?

Erratic said...

Medium. Just. Ugh. The last seasons sort of sucked anyway, but seriously? Best husband ever died? And then came back to life? And then died again? And then came back to life? I don't know, halfway through I started day dreaming I was so bored.

So, yes. It was awful. All fans should be outraged.

Fizzgig said...

Hey, i thought falcor was a giant white dog looking "luck dragon" from the neverending story? but i am old and my memory may not be what it use to.

I dont love off the map. and i didnt know medium ended until it ended. what the hell was that all about? there is like 2 good shows left on tv and they end medium?

i blame it being over on the real allison dubois...for her being a douche rag on the real housewives of beverly hills. because it makes me feel better when i have someone to blame.

Nessa Happens said...

sarah. holy crap.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3225585408/nm1641117

Idea #527 said...

My roommate and I are going to see "The Roommate" on Valentine's Day. haha! How romantic!?!

I hate Valentine's Day even when I have someone. . . UGH!

Jesslyn said...

I just stopped dating a guy who looked like Franco. Uuugh, yeah, I need a Franco Free Ten Minutes. At least.