Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tag I'm it

I was tagged a few weeks ago by the lovely ThatGirl, and I haven't had a chance to get around to it until now. I didn't want ThatGirl to think I was ignoring her! Also for me to tell you the Kevin story I really need pictures, and I think Diane has all the pictures.

Here we go... the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you. See above.
2) Post the rules.
3) Share six non-important things / habits / quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people. No. I don't have to follow all the rules. I'm a rebel.

Six non-important things/habits/quirks about me that I haven't conveyed to you yet. I just want to note that this was incredibly hard for me as I am pretty open on this blog about what a complete jackass I am.

1. I hate coffee with the burning intensity of a thousand suns. I hate the way it tastes, I hate the way it smells, I hate the way people smell after they drink it, I hate it in those frozen foo-foo drinks. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

2. I wish I was the type of person who could wear cowboy boots all the time. Or the type who could put blue streaks in my hair. Or wear crazy makeup. And it would just be normal for me instead of like I was dressing up for Halloween.

3. Last night I broke my own rule and downloaded a Kanye West song. I hate him with a passion, but dammit "Good Life" is an awesome song. I think it's mostly awesome because of T-Pain, but still, I have to be fair. It's Kanye's song. Note to Kanye: you're still an awful person.

4. To continue the skiing stories, during one of the first times I went skiing when I was about 11, I was skiing down the hill and didn't really know how to stop all that well yet. So I just kept going and going unable to slow down or stop. Instead I just screamed. Shockingly, that didn't help me stop. But what did help me was when I ran into a giant pole. It was like a cartoon-my arms and legs wrapped around the pole, and I slid down it onto the ground. Then I was just laying on my back, arms open wide and some older lady came over. I was so happy to have a motherly type coming over to help me. I looked up at her, my savior, and she looked back at me...and laughed. She laughed at me, you guys. I was 11. Who laughs at an 11 year old kid who just ran into a pole? Someone horrible, that's who. Lady, it's 20 years later and the 11 year old in me just wants to say "Eat a cock."

5. Sunday I found out the reason for my whole mascot issues. Obviously the Easter Bunny tried to come near me, and I was instantly uncomfortable. Well, my dad started making fun of me, and my mom said, "You leave her alone. Don't you remember when she was 2 or 3, and we took her to that bank opening and she was totally traumatized by Darth Vader?" Then suddenly I remembered seeing pictures of this. I was really little, my uncle was holding me up by Darth Vader, and I was completely losing my mind. Crying, screaming, reaching for my mom. Damn you, Darth Vader! Damn you, Hayden Christensen! Damn you, George Lucas! Ooh-wait. I take that last one back. Sorry, Star Wars geeks. I promise I didn't mean it.

6. This isn't about me, but today is my sister's birthday so if you know her, wish her a happy birthday and give her a hug. You can also make fun of her if you want. That would be okay. D, you are almost 30. One more year. That's all I'm saying. Have a great day. Thanks for going to see "A Cinderella Story" in the theater with me.

9 comments:

russ said...

Why the Kanye hate?

Also, it's ok to damn George Lucas, who ruined the perfection of his original creation... and everyone has damned Hayden Christenson at least once in their lives, but you should damn Darth Vader. It actually sounds like you should damn your uncle.

russ said...

...should not damn Darth Vader. Not.

Sizzle said...

I wish I could pull off cowboy boots.

Thatgirl7278 said...

Thanks for playing. :)

Johnny Virgil said...

Russ -- maybe because he's an arrogant asshole? If that's not the reason then I have no idea.

On the coffee thing -- I just want to know how you stay awake at work. That's my question. Iced Tea? Coke? Crystal Meth?

Adam said...

Number 4 may have been the funniest thing I've read in 20 years.

weesle909 said...

Sarah, I hope you read all your comments because this one says nice things about you, and who doesn’t like that?

(It has nothing to do with today’s post, so sorry about that. Although I do echo JV’s question about the coffee. I mean, Crystal Meth is infinitely more effective than coffee, and it would explain some of your longer late night posts…. but really, get off that stuff. Speed kills.)

Anyway, I’ve been stalk—I mean, lurking, for a few weeks now. I found your blog through Johnny Virgil’s, which I found (not surprisingly) because of the infamous JC Penney catalog post.

Just wanted to let you know how highly entertaining you are! You are a terrific writer and storyteller, and you have an amazing talent for getting the inflections of speech down in your writing. Oh, and you’re funny as hell. Way way funny. So funny, it’s rubbed off and even the comments are funny.

So I’ve now spent the past few weeks reading backwards through old posts of both yours and JV’s blogs. All the way to the beginning.

Yes. All the way. So either you’re really good or I’m really lame.

And you should know you’ve single-handedly been responsible for the astonishing drop off in my productivity at work. I’m serious. Do you have any idea how many hours it took to catch up on all this stuff? If I get fired, expect litigation. I work for a large, powerful company, and they will want their hours back.

For the record, I officially fell in love with you when I came across your NCAA Tournament poems. Holy crap. Priceless. And while I’d like to see you win this year, I’d prefer another poem.

Anyway, I really hope you keep doing this.

And thanks for all the laughs.

Sarah said...

Weesle909, holy crap. Hello new BFF! What a wonderfully nice comment! I feel very undeserving, but I will be printing it out and putting it on my resume nonetheless. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to say such nice things. I am always happy when I find out I am the cause of lowered productivity at work. And please do not fear because Georgetown has totally and completely screwed me this year, and another poem is being formed as I write this.

Skeezix said...

HA! I had so much shame over wanting several Kanye songs that my friend bought be iTunes gift certificate for it. That way I didn't spend my money on that self-important asshole (PS. I'll send you a copy of the CD if you'd like.)