Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I'm in a post holiday funk

Editor's note:When I posted this I had some Blackberry issues so it messed up. It's since been cleaned up. Carry on!

So I owe you a lot of updates. But first let me tell you the biggest: I started a new job on Monday. No you're not crazy-I did just take a new job recently. Actually it was 14 months ago. It was a fantastic job, and I learned a ton, but over the past few months the nature of it changed, and I wasn't as happy. Then I was approached about a different job. A group here really wanted me to join their team for reasons still unknown. I even verified that they had the right person and everything. They insisted I was the one they wanted. OVER-RATED! Or maybe they just have a need for someone who is good at surfing the web, openly reading magazines at their desk and spilling pop on their keyboard. No matter the reason, I did end up taking the job and am now working for someone who I've worked with previously who I absolutely love. I'm still at the same company, in my same cubicle, with the same phone number. And can I be honest with you? I don't think some of the people from my old department know that I don't work there anymore. And, frankly, that is freaking hilarious so I'm trying to see how long I can keep them thinking I am on their team.

Some other news:
- The Jett Travolta thing is too sad. I can't even think about it without tearing up. What an awful horrible tragedy.

- Ohmigod Scrubs is back! Did you guys watch it? I completely lost it when JD was like, 'Black people have the smoothest skin.' then he started rubbing Turk's face and Turk was like, "No." Man that show is awesome.

- Last night I went to the gym. No I am not joking. I for real went. I like going there because I never see anyone I know. Oh wait. Or I end up sitting right next to a guy I work with. It's not that I don't like seeing people I know at the gym. It's that I don't like people I know to see me working out. I look like a drunk retarded giraffe trying to figure out how to use the shoulder press without having to put any actual weight on it at all. I'm glad I went, though, because then I went home and watched "The Biggest Loser" and realized I would pretty much do anything to avoid having to be a contestant on that show. I have never watched that show before, but my sister and John rave about it so much, I decided to try it out this season. Holy crap. I am already obsessed. Plus I cried a minimum of ten times. It's possible I have some estrogen overload issues.

- Last night I made eggs-over-medium and hash browns for the first time in my whole life. And they were awesome! I mean, yeah I did have to call Diane and my mom to ask them several questions on what to do, but still. This is big for me. Watch out, world: this is the new Sarah. She works out and makes breakfast foods that everyone else learned how to make in 7th grade!*

Special note to Renee:
Get better soon! Take a picture of the staples in your head. (Yes, people, staples. She fell on the ice last night and cracked her head open! I would make fun of her if I wasn't so worried about her. Maybe in a few months when she's completely healed I'll start the "How was your trip? See you next fall!" jokes and see how they land.)

Coming tomorrow: recap of my Christmas vacation.

*Ok truth time: I did also try to make toast and had my toaster set too high so it burnt and set off my smoke alarm. But I mean-everyone does that, right? Right?!?

5 comments:

Dana said...

Happy New Year!
I'm assuming you didn't notice that you double posted some of the info.
Good to see you back posting, and congratulation on the hash browns.

Anonymous said...

Yum, brinner. I cannot agree with you more on the working out in front of people you know. It's dirty and wrong. People you work with would be even worse. They will never look at you the same way again. Change gyms immediately. Oh, the first two episodes of Scrubs are on again tonight at 8 and 8:30.

Happy New Year and good luck with the new job.

Lo

Jesslyn said...

I was so happy when Scrubs got picked up again! I thought the first episode was weak, but the second one made me cry, so I guess they're back on par.

Happy New Year Yo!

Fizzgig said...

i think eggs over medium is hard is that when the center is raw? i can make them one way, scrambled. with cheese. but hash browns can be tricky, so thats huge too.

the biggest loser is the best show especially if your working out. it makes you thankful you aren't on a team that weighs 800 lbs. imagine how THEY feel trying to lose weight. Somehow the next 40 seems much easier to me.

Erin Jeannine said...

Don't make light of learning to make new foods. I just took up spaghetti. Like, heating-up-sauce-in-a-jar-all-I-really-did-was-boil-noodles spaghetti. But I still think I rock. And I only know how to make Egg Beaters, so you're still better than me.