Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stuff like this always happens in Malaysia. Why does anyone go there?

In keeping up with my apparent oath to bring you all penis-related news items, some chick almost cut off her husband's member in Malaysia. Perhaps what's most shocking about this particular news item is the file photo Reuters used as part of the story. Are you effing kidding me? That is a picture of someone cutting raw meat, yes? Holy crap it is both disturbing and hilarious that that's the picture they chose. When it first came up I totally freaked the eff out not knowing exactly what it was. For a split second I thought, "How did they get a picture of THAT?" Thankfully they used good taste and just went with a picture of someone cutting up meat that people would soon be eating.

In other news, I'm 30 and I love Gossip Girl.

9 comments:

Carly said...

Only 11 stitches? that can't be right. It's gonna fall off.

Anonymous said...

dude, how could you leave out the best parts? Let's face it, he got off easy (ha ha! sorry). After all, what else could he expect, living in jo-HOR state and having TWO WIVES...

Anonymous said...

Yeah that's just wrong. I wonder what life is like after you have it re-attached. That has to be a hit to your confidence.

I thought of a post that I wrote awhile ago (but pretty much because I found a link on Digg) called Man Cuts It Off In Restaurant about a guy who cut his own member off. Somehow not as tragic. But somehow still absolutely horrifying.

julia said...

For the people who have a hard time imagining knife-slicing-through-penis, Reuters has thoughtfully included a visual aid.

Yeesh.

D-HOR said...

Totally off subject -

GREY'S IS ON TOMMOROW
You're going to do your re-caps again yes? I really liked them last year and I NEED a place to dish.

So there you have it, my request is in. :)

Johnny Virgil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Johnny Virgil said...

I stand by my standard question in cases like this:

Why the EFF was it out to begin with? You don't take it out when there's an angry chick with a knife around. That's just common sense.

Johnny Virgil said...

and I don't know what gossip girl is, but that BLAKE LIVELY girl is hot.

Aspiring Polymath said...

Ummm . . . (hi, by the way) . . . I don't know why I'm the first person to point out the most unbelievable thing about of this whole crazy, unbelievable story. His penis gets chopped and he hops on his MOTORCYCLE to go to the hospital? I don't know if you've seen a motorcycle before, but they kind of involve you sitting on the area in question, probably going over bumps (I don't know what the road crews are like in Indonesia), and holding on with both hands on the handlebars (i.e. not cradling the jewels). Eep!