Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Knock out the fat! And outer layer of skin!

I just want to say that I love my Foreman Grill. It is easy to use and cooks stuff really fast and you can't hurt yourself on it. Oh unless you are me, I mean. Yes I burnt my fingers on a Foreman Grill. Looking at the device I'm not even sure how that's possible. But I found a way.

Incidentally, I think I have some insight into my proclivity for hurting myself in the kitchen. This weekend while getting ready for her annual Christmas party, my mom was moving a hot pot of soup. Something happened where the pot got stuck and my mom kept moving. This created a tidal wave in the soup which spilled out of the pot all over my mom's arm.

Two hours later my mom had to leave her own party to go to Urgicare with 2nd degree burns. Her arm was covered in huge blisters, and now she keeps having to go in to have it redressed and she's on heavy painkillers. Monday the doctor said, "You probably won't need skin grafts.". My mom was like, "Umm...skin grafts? Was that even an option?".

So you see, you guys, it's really my mom's fault that I am a clutz in the kitchen. The only thing is my mom is a great cook. I think I will blame my dad for my lack of cooking skills. Let's see-I've been cleared of all responsibility in this Foreman Grill matter, right? Okay my work here is done.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill. I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me, it's the perfect way to start the day.

i am not said...

LOL - Sharda beat me to it. Obviously you and Michael Scott are a match made in heaven.

Johnny Virgil said...

I burned my hand on one of those once. I tried squeezing the top and bottom together with my fingers. Guess what? There's no plastic on the bottom. Just pain.

adrienne... said...

Did you wrap it in a bubble-wrap cast too? Nice.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your mom doesn't need skin grafts! Ouch!!

Sizzle said...

kaply told me to come over and she was right- you're a riot. ;)

Anonymous said...

Kaply sent me too :).

I had to giggle because I too have once burned my fingers on the Foreman...but yanno, mine was from impatience and trying to clean it before it cooled down.

Girl, Dislocated said...

Quite honestly, I don't remember how I got here, but I'm sure I'll be wandering back!

And, yes you are without a doubt cleared of all responsibility in the Foreman Grill debacle. It happens to the best of us...

none said...

Yup. Add me to the list. Have burned myself both cooking with it and cleaning it. I too can be a kitchen menace: was refilling my electric pepper grinder (btw, one of the coolest gadgets ever), dropped some peppercorns on the floor and as I was bent over to pick them up, I inhaled, and sneezed so hard that I hit my head on the edge of the kitchen counter and knocked myself out. So I totally feel for your mom...