Monday, December 05, 2005

Progress Report

At work when project statuses are reported to upper management we mark them as being Green, Yellow or Red. Green means we're on track. The project is a go. Yellow means we're moving slower than expected. Red means progress is halted. I have applied this same technique to my post-breakup progress since we are at 1 year later. Let's see how I performed in 2005.

December 2 & 3, 2004: Thought I would stop breathing.
December 2 & 3, 2005: Still breathing.
Status: Green

2004: Cried every single day uncontrollably.
2005: Cry once or twice a month-with some measure of control.
Status: Green

2004: Living in OUR stupid apartment with no A/C or garage.
2005: Living in MY awesome new condo with A/C and a garage and DVR.
Status: Green

2004: Pictures of him/us still in frames in a box that I used to open all the time.
2005: Still framed. Still in the box. But it's only been opened twice since I moved here.
Status: Yellow

2004: Number on speed dial.
2005: Number no longer on speed dial.
Status: Green

2004: Liked the University of Maryland.
2005: Hate the University of Maryland.
Status: Red

2004: Ate a lot of Salt & Vinegar Pringles.
2005: Eat a lot of Salt & Vinegar Pringles.
Status: Yellow

2004: Couldn't even think about dating another person.
2005: Still having a bit of trouble with this but I will totally make out with my DVR.
Status: Yellow

2004: Grey's Anatomy was not on the air.
2005: Grey's Anatomy is on the air.
Status: Green

2004: Didn't really want to go out or drink. Just laid around on my couch watching "Friends" all day long (this is literally all I did for at least 2 months-no lie).
2005: Out every weekend (and drunk every weekend, sadly). I still watch "Friends" a lot, however, not as a way to escape painful reality but rather to laugh at their hilarious hijinx.
Status: Green

All in all, not a bad year's progress if I do say so myself. Saturday was tough for me as December 3rd is the actual day that he left. If anyone noticed I was acting weird that day, now you know why (also I was extremely hungover-more on that later). However, I had a great weekend thanks to all of my amazing friends. And I include Cyndi Lauper in that. I will tell you guys all about the concert tomorrow. Now I must go to bed and dream of Derek and Meredith getting back together*.

*Seriously did you guys see the previews for next week!?!? OMG GET BACK TOGETHER!!

5 comments:

BEVIS said...

I just want you to know: I noticed, but I was too respectful to say anything.

Fizzgig said...

Derek and Meredith, are SO the new Ross and Rachel!!!!!!!! It'll never happen! Live in the now! It would make too many people happy!

Thatgirl7278 said...

My DVR and I HAVE made out... several times. And it just keeps getting better every damn time.

-Kami- said...

On average, you're green. That's gotta count for something!

I'm so sad. I want a DVR to make out with.

Anonymous said...

I wandered over here from Hells Bells. I went through a breakup a few months ago with similar circumstances.....effing Baltimore! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and hope I will continue to feel better too.