Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mmm...pumpkin bread

Oh, you guys, I am totally still on a holiday break in my mind. I really can't concentrate on anything. If I could take the next month off that would be amazing. Instead I'm just taking off every Friday. I know-poor Sarah.

Thanksgiving was awesome as usual. I ate so much I am still full. I got to see all 4 of my grandparents which makes me ridiculously lucky. My 80-something year old Grandpa K said he was glad to get out of the retirement village and "leave all those old people behind".

All parts of the dinner were good, but I think everyone would agree their favorite was probably the relish tray. I mean don't ask them, though. Because they'd probably lie and say something else just so my mom won't feel bad and why are you trying to make my family members uncomfortable anyway huh? I mean why don't you just lay off, Officer-it's a free country! Whoa sorry about that. By the way during a quiet moment at dinner my aunt said, "Boy these pickles sure are delicious." Smartass.

My Grandma and Grandpa C taught me a new card game and then proceeded to kick my ass at it. That's not very grandparenty if you ask me. But it was hard to stay mad when my grandma gave me a FULL loaf of pumpkin bread to take home. Oh my God. It's like a miracle. My mom and grandma were explaining to me how to cut it up into fourths and freeze it. And I was like, "No yeah I'll probably freeze it instead of immediately eating it." What? That doesn't even make sense.

The rest of my weekend was a blur of bars, leftover turkey and shopping-just how I like it.

Now I'm gonna go sit back in my chair and think about Christmas lights. And not how I'm about to turn 31. Nope-I will not be thinking about that at all. Not one bit. Where's the vodka.

5 comments:

Skeezix said...

Seriously, I was sitting at my sister's this weekend wondering how my birthday crept up on me again. Damnit, I just got used to being 27.

Thatgirl7278 said...

I took a bottle of wine to my family's Thanksgiving dinner... and I got "Menage Toi? What kind of wine did you bring us Ari?"

High class. That's them.

Violet said...

Oh my gosh, have you tried the pumpkin bread from Trader Joe's? You should totally get someone to make it for you. It's soo good.

Sassy Blondie said...

Oh to be turning 31 again...you're lucky, Sarah! Enjoy it!

I make a mean pumpkin bread myself...but somehow I never get to eat any. It's always gone when I'm ready...

Happy Holiday Spirit, Sarah!

Citygirl said...

31 is nothing. I turned 33 two days before Thanksgiving. Lots of chocolate followed...