Friday, April 28, 2006

Whoa-oh it's magic

Did you guys hear about David Copperfield getting mugged at gunpoint? This is seriously the most hilarious story ever. Not because getting mugged is funny but because apparently he had a ton of money with him, but he used a magic trick to make it look like he didn't have any. I am not even kidding. He used slight of hand to fool the mugger into thinking his pockets were empty. How effing great is that!? Copperfield is a total tool, but he just went up a couple notches in my book. It would've been even more awesome if after he showed the mugger his pockets were empty he pulled a gun out from behind the mugger's ear and performed a citizen's arrest-a magic citizen's arrest.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the article was that he is noted for making Claudia disappear 7 years ago! Oh my goodness, if I had to go through life with the tag line that I made a boyfriend take off 7 years ago, I'd be beyond depressed. Nice. -Steph

Fizzgig said...

That is a great story, I wonder if it's for publicity? Is he making something big disappear again? I'd love it if he made the president disappear, but that's just me.

Kukka-Maria said...

The best was when Stephen Colbert tried to re-enact the scene with his stage manager holding him up at gunpoint on the Colbert Report last night.

Violet said...

that's awesome! a MAGIC citizens arrest!

Anonymous said...

That song is now stuck in my head now. :)

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I went to college with a girl that went out with him (yeah, this was a fewwwww year back)and she summed him up pretty well.
"The only thing I saw dissapear was his personality after he got me in the sack. The bastard."
She felt a little used, was how I heard it. I bet she was hoping the muggers popped a cap in his magical ass.

Erik Holtan said...

Are we talking about the dead author here?
Kidding, but I have to make a comment about that damn tree!
YEP, Yanni is on mine every year, I have neglected you for awhile, but I have to say, YOU STILL GOT IT!
Have a good week!

John said...

Copperfield is also noted for making his sausage disappear in Schiffer.