Thursday, January 04, 2007

Two years? SERIOUSLY?

I realized earlier today that it's my blog's 2 year anniversary. I don't even know how that's possible. Two years? I've really been filling up the Internet with my weirdo thoughts and activities for two years? Not to sound too much like someone who just turned 30 or gets their material from clichefinder.com, but man...how time flies.

So I looked it up, and it says that the 2 year anniversary gift is cotton. Could that be any lamer? Why doesn't it just say: "Old t-shirt". Honestly. But alas, I decided to give my blog my brown blanket made of 42% cotton (does that mean I only love my blog 42%?):


















We also had a birthday party and invited my blog's friends:


















Cordless Phone, Electric Pencil Sharpener and the new guy, Handheld Tetris. They were having a great time and being very well-behaved so I left the kids alone for a while. I know how important independence is to a growing blog. By the time I came back they were all tuckered out so I put them all back where they belong. Cute little kids. Hey-it looks like my camera has more pictures on it than I remember taking. I wonder what's on here:



















Oh my God, Blog! You are such a slut! You just met Handheld Tetris like 2 hours ago! I cannot believe you would disrespect me by doing this in my own house while I was downstairs. Is that money? Holy crap you're a hooker. You're a total blog hooker, or, as they say on the street, a blooker. And apparently a bad one. A ten spot? Good God, Blog, you don't even respect yourself enough to charge more than 10 bucks? I think we need to go on Dr. Phil.

P.S. Cordless Phone, I see Electric Pencil Sharpener is hiding in the back there so I can only assume that you took this picture. You are so grounded, mister.

P.P.S. A big sincere thanks to everyone who reads this. You make me feel special and funny even though I'm really a big dork who just insinuated that my handheld Tetris game paid my blog for sex. You are all the wind beneath my wings, and I love you. Seriously. Group hug.

22 comments:

russ said...

I'm pretty sure that two years into a marriage getting my old, worn, ratty favorite t-shirt back would be awesome.

Johnny Virgil said...

happy anniversary!

ps - you need a new computer desk that isn't from 1985.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to look at the things in my office in a new way. I might feel like I work at home alone, but really, I am surrounded by potential friends and oodles of gossip!

Happy birthday!

Jay said...

Keithus Christ that was some funny shi**. Happy Blogiversary OKS! You make my mornings so much more enjoyable.

twisted panties said...

I just caught my stapler staring at me out of the corner of my eye and now I feel dirty. I will never be able to sit at a desk like a normal person again.

D-HOR said...

Oh god I shouldn't be laughing so hard at this.

I read your blog every morning, your great!

And I really do have to know, how many lines have you got up to on Tetris handheld? I'm a dork too so I guess maybe I should admit that my record is 505. Is that wretched or what?

Oh God I feel like I just stood up at AA. Thank-you.

Sgt said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I feel a little slighted however... I paid $20 and I'm sure I was better than that russian handheld device.

Unknown said...

Happy Blogiversary, Sarah! What would I do without you?

CruiserMel said...

That cigarette is too funny! But you know, they look like a cute couple, don't they?

Happy Blog-Birthday!

Hugh Janus said...

How much do you charge to do graphics work? I had to use some advanced photo software before I realized the cash, cigarette, smoke and tetris-arm were fakes. Nicely done.

On a side note, in 20 years when Keithus Christ is part of everyday English, I'll say "hey, I coined that term." And then everyone will curse and laugh and spit at me and tell me to "get a job, you homeless bum," as a lay on the the street in my cardboard box, near a sewer grate which is my heater.

The moral of the story is, when you see a homeless guy out on the street, always realize that one day, long ago, that bum might have coined a term.

Anonymous said...

You are so twisted & I love you for it. Now I know when I can't find the calculator, it's probably screwing around with my iPod. (Which also explains why the batteries are always low).

Anonymous said...

"Keithus Christ" (c)Hugh Janus circu 2007

Anonymous said...

I meant circa. Damn it... stupid keyboard has his mind on my cell phone.

MommaMonkey said...

New here, and I love your blog! Happy 2nd year Blogging! You are totally cracking me up with your photos.

danielle said...

so hey, this makes you a pimp. finally. congrats!

mbick said...

Happy Blogversary! I enjoy your site very much, and today's entry had me LOL.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

It's hard out there for a pimp.

John said...

Pimpin ain't easy but it's necessary when blog's chasin bitches like Tom chasin Jerry.

Citygirl said...

No, thank you. For showing me that I'm not the only '80s loving dorkette giving the internet too much info.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if blogs age faster than people...kinda like "dog years".

Sassy Blondie said...

Happy Anniversary! Keep it coming!
I do think you need to take Handheld Tetris to a doctor and get him checked out. If your blog is that much of a whore then he might have caught something, and then where will he be? Really! Make that appointment...any friends with a moniker that begins with "Handheld" should see a doctor on a regular basis...

Violet said...

Happy blogiversary!!