Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I can't get out of my driveway

Yesterday at work I got a package from a vendor for some work I did. This is what it looked like:

















When I opened it, this is what was inside.



















Cookies and brownies and goodness from Cheryl & Co. Can you say best vendor gift ever!? Just the smell alone made me want to lick the lid. Sometimes, there's just nothing better than free cookies.

Today is as close to a snow day for me as I will ever get as an adult. I am working from home because of the blizzard outside. There are several reasons why this rules. Here are only a few:

1. I slept in.
2. I'm in my pajamas.
3. I'm laying on my couch.
4. I'm watching Golden Girls-and will continue to watch it all day since it is on at least one channel continuously throughout the day.

Working from home is one of the greatest inventions of all time. It's right up there with Pay at the Pump and Target.

Some lady on the news just said, "The kids are probably getting a little stir crazy with all these snow days!" WTF? Does she not know kids? Snow days are THE greatest invention of all time. She was probably one of those kids who on the first day of school when you could pick your seat in class she ran up and sat in the middle of the front row. And did the summer reading. I hate those people. Them with their successful jobs and fulfilling lives. Dammit.

5 comments:

Carly said...

::waving from my couch:::

I'm watching every episode of the Office that I have saved on my dvr

oh, and also a few episodes of I Love NY - haha!

D-HOR said...

Oh beware if you get one of the chocolate mint cookies with the mint frosting. It's like snorting an altoid. Scary unless your a mint FREAK.

CruiserMel said...

Hee hee on the Golden Girls thing. For some reason I can watch that show any time. (maybe because it is indeed on some channel all the time) But I love it. Blanche is my fave. Love how she's so self-absorbed.

Pull up a brownie and enjoy your day at home.

Anonymous said...

We don't get snow days in Phoenix. It would be nice if we got heat days. Like, when it's over 117 degrees we all get to stay home and sit in front of the air/c with ice packs on our faces.

What I wouldn't kill for a day on the couch watching the Golden Girls.

Picture it. Sicily, 1932....
Back in St. Olaf...

Oh, I could go on and on.

Thatgirl7278 said...

SA doesn't get "Snow" Days either. But back in January we had two "Cold as Shit" Days. Or as the News called it "Arctic Blast 2007". Clever I thought. At it's lowest, the temp was around 29.

29!

I know. How embarassing.