Thursday, March 03, 2005

ID, please

I would say the work ID badge photo gives the driver’s license photo a run for its money in the category of “Worst Pictures Ever Taken of You”. In fact my driver’s license photo looks like a Glamour Shot compared to my work ID badge.

The problem is that the security guards who take the pictures and make the badges are just so unhappy with this part of their job. I remember when I got mine taken 6 years ago the guard was in the middle of eating his lunch. He did not give a crap about all the 22-year-old fresh-out-of-college new employees. He told us all we had one shot so make it a good one. Here is pretty much how mine turned out:



How can this possibly help with security? After I received my badge I said to the guard, “If you wanted to go up my nostril, you could’ve just asked.” Surprisingly enough he did not think I was funny.

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

My last picture at 22 Corp Woods was on a day when I had just heaved. I was so pale the white background behind me appeared yellow. I looked like I should have put pennies over my eyes.
My new place doesn't do photo id's.
: (

Johnny Virgil said...

I remember that picture of shamus. I think he still had a little on his collar.