Monday, January 10, 2005

Things I need to share before I sleep

"The Bachelorette" - amazing. I hate the control this show has over me this season, but I can't help it. Danielle, D (my sister, Diane) and I watched it tonight and all agreed it could not have been more stretched out. The first 40 minutes were so slow, I almost killed Danielle for fun. But then we got to meet the guys. The 3 of us had a special rating system, and I'm sorry to say that on a scale of 1-10, there were only about three 8's and like five or six 7's. Everyone else was below that--including the guy who earned an instant 2 with this gem: "I really like to work out. I wear a lot of tight-fitting clothes." Needless to say he did not get picked. Oh it also might have had something to do with the fact that he FAINTED DURING THE ROSE CEREMONY!!! It was fantastic. What a douchebag.

Condo Plan - for those who don't know, I am currently in the market for a condo. Since all the plans I had for this year (and the rest of my life) moved to Baltimore, I needed to regroup, and that is when I came up with the Condo Plan. Anyways, I just watched the last half hour of "Chasing Liberty" with screen legend Mandy Moore and British-guy-who-won't-ever-be-in-anything-else. I actually thought it was a sweet movie, and it got me thinking about B and how I honestly never thought in the 2 years we were together that there would be a time that we weren't together. So now I'm facing the rest of my life without him, and I need to implement the Condo Plan, and I have no point right now except to say that I am absolutely panicking. All of this from a Mandy Moore movie.

John - called me a sycophant today. Okay so I didn't immediately know what that meant so I had to look it up. Don't judge me-you didn't know it either. Here is what it means:

"n : a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage"

Okay-so far to my feeble brain this doesn't seem too bad even though it vaguely sounded like maybe he was calling me a whore, but then I looked at the synonyms:

"toady, crawler, lackey"

Toady???? I've definitely heard of "toady", and I'll tell you where. You may remember this quote from a certain movie:

"Grover Dill! Scut Farkus' little toady. Mean! Rotten! His lips curled over his green teeth."

Yes that's right--it's from "A Christmas Story". John basically called me Grover Dill.

Okay I promise I'm done now. I better go brush my green teeth and go to bed.

No comments: